Anyone willing to lend a hand?

Looking for other players in game? Want to tell us where you are in game? Meet here! Ad-hoc wings.
KalTherus82
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kal Therus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Anyone willing to lend a hand?

Postby KalTherus82 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 am

I've been playing Elite on and off lately, due to the fact that I am not sure what to do anymore. I want to find a new source of creds, but all I know how to do is Bounty Hunting. And so far its no going too well. If anyone has a moment, could they explain or demonstrate what I should do to get on the right track? I'm sure someone will. As far as I've seen this community kicks ass when it comes to user friendliness. :D

Feel free to contact me if you can help. :)
CMDR Kal Therus
"I didn't know we could dis-obey suicidal orders." -Garrus
"That's at least twice a day." -Tali

They tell me its a suicide mission... I intend to prove them wrong.
-Commander Shepard

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Re: Anyone willing to lend a hand?

Postby clivewil » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:59 am

KalTherus82 wrote:but all I know how to do is Bounty Hunting. And so far its no going too well.

some more details please, just so we know where you're at...

what's your current ranks, and what type of ship are you using? how much spare cash do you have available? where do you normally bounty hunt, and what type of approach do you use? when you say 'not going too well' what do you mean specifically - fights too hard or too easy? payouts too small? enemies too hard to locate? etc.

sorry about all the questions but we need to make sure we understand your problem properly before advising you
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:38 am

Hi Kal,
You could try--
>smuggling - either off the Bulletin Boards or drop into some WSS (Weak Signal Source) and pick up the dropped cargo, becomes illegal salvage when you do so, so you need to find a black market station to sell it at (without being caught)
>work on your reputation - Fed/Empire..etc, get your rank up at the same time, again missions off the bulliten board.
>trading - outfit your ship for trading, find a nice paying trade route and stack up the Cr.. I think CMDR Phreedom was looking for some trading wing fun with his T9.
>combat zones - like the name suggests.. Go in all guns blazing... In a kill frenzy :D
>community goals - get involved in one, pays reasonable, but always read the label.. ;)
>RP (Role Play) - add some thing outside the game that you use to inspire you through the grinding bits (Read - Loriath's Logs) :)
>have a chat in game - find the "add me" section on the forum and start from the last page and add some names, maybe even give them a call.. :D
This is just a tiny amount of the things out there ... Oh, check out the "hints and tips" section too...
Have immense fun... See you in the void :D
Regards
Dudley
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:03 am

If you're looking to make credits, trading is where it's at. If you are at the Viper/Cobra/DBS level, you can make a lot of $$ with a ship that can carry 40-50 tons by doing the 'rares' route. Just search for E-D rares trading, and you'll find plenty of info.

If you have the funds, grab yourself a T-6, or T-7 and find a lucrative short trade route (25-50ly). An easy way to start is to look at the Marketplace page in Inara for the system that you're in (or call home), and check the lower right corner for round trip trade routes. Then as you trade, keep checking the round trips to each new place you go until you find a sweet route. ;) When I was trading a lot, I was making close to $4 mil per hour in a ship that could carry 224 tons. It's not exciting, but it is a stable and reliable source of income to buy you the fun toys that you want.

Also, have you considered exploring? Kit out a DBE, Asp, or some guys even head out in a Cobra or Hauler. It's a great change of pace, and you can see some very cool stuff outside of the bubble.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Phreedom
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Phreedom

Postby Phreedom » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:03 pm

KalTherus82 wrote:I've been playing Elite on and off lately, due to the fact that I am not sure what to do anymore. I want to find a new source of creds, but all I know how to do is Bounty Hunting. And so far its no going too well. If anyone has a moment, could they explain or demonstrate what I should do to get on the right track? I'm sure someone will. As far as I've seen this community kicks ass when it comes to user friendliness. :D

Feel free to contact me if you can help. :)
CMDR Kal Therus

Hey KT, when I posted my "Come Trade w/Me" thread, I had people like you in mind, although my invitation is open to all. I've done combat, long explorations out into the deep black and now have been grinding away at trading. Trading has been the most lucrative by far but can become mind numbing when doing it alone....MIND NUMBING :P

One of the cool things about trading in a Wing, besides the obvious extra % earnings, is there is a lot of non-eventful travel time in which CMDR's can chat about Elite and what they've learned so far...passing the knowledge on sort of speak. Anyhow if you want to join me, and even if you don't, shoot me a PM if you have questions.
Home System: Alioth / CMDR Since: Dec 2014-Mercenary Edition PC / Command Center / YouTube

Return to “Meeting Point”