Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Save Mobius Platform

Postby Jockgit64 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:31 am

I am still a bit confused about the workings of all this.

The SYSTEM is Imperial owned but only has one station that is Empire Controlled, and the Imperial FACTION currently has 77% influence over the SYSTEM.

Mobius Platform is currently under the control of an Independent FACTION. Is it at all possible to change the ownership of a Station? It seems, looking at the stats, that we only see what is happening with influence in the SYSTEM.

How do we work at a FACTION level to change ownership of a Station, this is the mechanic we need to work out.

Also how does this work out?

Imperial Society 77%
Sifjar Hand Gang 9%
Revolutionary Sifjar Free 8%
Sifjar Group 4%

That adds up to 98%... who has the other 2%??

EAGLE 5
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: EAGLE 5
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby EAGLE 5 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:14 am

If I go, it won't be the Empire that's getting my help that's for sure.

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra

Postby Myka » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:12 pm

@Jockgit64

To change control of a station, you need a civil war happening between the owner and whomever you wish to take control.

So do missions for Imperial Society, do bad things to the owners of the platform, and also mess up their missions. I think the key was to get their Civil Unrest up. (What I don't know is if there's a specific subset of missions or things you should do to make this happen faster and cause a Civil War).

The system itself is Empire aligned because the 'main station' is owned by an Empire faction. So say the Mobius Platformers won the civil war, they might end up flipping a station to their side and if it's the main one then the whole system goes to them.

System-wide influence is 100% distributed between all factions (it is rounded, so it doesn't show the decimal places, that might be your missing %'s). Factions gain influence from trade with their controlled station, and mission successes.

So basically things that you can do to support the Empire:
- Trade with the Empire faction
- Succeed at missions in the Empire faction
- Destroy enemy faction ships (e.g. wanted ships, but make sure you process the bounty at an Empire station)
- Sabotaging any missions you might find from the enemy faction. You can do this by failing them intentionally, by abandoning them, or accepting a counter offer at a USS.

That's all I've learned so far watching both Lugh and Mikunn threads :) There's probably other things I haven't seen/picked up yet though!

Jockgit64
Master
Master

Postby Jockgit64 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Myka wrote:@Jockgit64

To change control of a station, you need a civil war happening between the owner and whomever you wish to take control.

So do missions for Imperial Society, do bad things to the owners of the platform, and also mess up their missions. I think the key was to get their Civil Unrest up. (What I don't know is if there's a specific subset of missions or things you should do to make this happen faster and cause a Civil War).

The system itself is Empire aligned because the 'main station' is owned by an Empire faction. So say the Mobius Platformers won the civil war, they might end up flipping a station to their side and if it's the main one then the whole system goes to them.

System-wide influence is 100% distributed between all factions (it is rounded, so it doesn't show the decimal places, that might be your missing %'s). Factions gain influence from trade with their controlled station, and mission successes.

So basically things that you can do to support the Empire:
- Trade with the Empire faction
- Succeed at missions in the Empire faction
- Destroy enemy faction ships (e.g. wanted ships, but make sure you process the bounty at an Empire station)
- Sabotaging any missions you might find from the enemy faction. You can do this by failing them intentionally, by abandoning them, or accepting a counter offer at a USS.

That's all I've learned so far watching both Lugh and Mikunn threads :) There's probably other things I haven't seen/picked up yet though!

Thanks Myka, excellent info and very much appreciated, just what I was after. :D

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Perhaps you need to check other systems surrounding that one just in case those factions concerned still have a high influence, and perhaps sabotage their operations there as well.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 pm

I went to a Conflict Zone in Sifjar last night in order to fight alongside the Empire and take out the evil dastardly usurpers.

Problem was, the two sides fighting were both independents so I chose the side that was not the one in control of Mobius Platform. Of course at that point I found out just how many Anacondas turned red.....

I guess it's worth checking the other Conflict zone(s) to see if the combatants vary.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:13 pm

EAGLE 5 wrote:If I go, it won't be the Empire that's getting my help that's for sure.

Not just me then.
But how do you support a minority party that puts up no missions? Is it already too late, or do we have to wait until civil war breaks out?
The controlling party Sifjar Free, don't have a commodities market, so they get no support from trading.
It looks like it's going to be the minority parties getting it on around Mobius, not the Imperial Party that seems bent on taking over.
Yesterday, when I said the Imperial Party wasn't doing too well, I was trying to suggest that any management that has to resort to begging for supplies isn't in control, no matter how big they are.
But what did they do get to be so big on this station?

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra

Postby Myka » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Apparently FD are working on tweaking the mission generation, so that minority parties with low influence can still try and climb out of that hole.

The other way is to literally fight against factions that you don't support. Another is to sabotage the missions from the other factions.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:03 pm

de Carabas wrote:I went to a Conflict Zone in Sifjar last night in order to fight alongside the Empire and take out the evil dastardly usurpers.

I didn't see any conflict zones at Sifjar in the last few days. But there's a couple of high intensity ones very close, at Vaka, and I got a mission to fight there from the Imperial Society at Mobius Platform, even though the fighting factions are both local to Vaka.

Imperial Society's influence keeps increasing in the system, BTW. Now at 79%.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Jockgit64
Master
Master

Postby Jockgit64 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 am

I went to one of the Conflict Zones in Summerland, took an Eagle out soon as I got there, targeted my second Eagle and got attacked (ambushed) by 2 Pythons, they bust my canopy so I bugged out with 3 minutes to get to the nearest platform.

Managed to land on the platform with about 3 seconds to spare but my ship blew up before it got in the hanger :(

Hell of an adrenaline rush though :D

Return to “General Discussion”