Combat Wingman 'at the ready' this weekend!

Looking for other players in game? Want to tell us where you are in game? Meet here! Ad-hoc wings.
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Combat Wingman 'at the ready' this weekend!

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi commanders.

I plan to do a lot of Haz-RES (or High-RES) hunting this weekend, and I thought I'd throw in invitation out here. I know that some of our group members have not been fortunate enough to have experienced the fun and excitement of killing NPC's in a RES with a wingman. I am offering my services as that wingman this weekend. :D Your experience level doesn't matter, as long as you are reasonably comfortable with your ship in a Low Intensity RES (or higher). I don't care what ship you fly, either.... as long as it has weapons on it. ;) We will be flying in a Haz-RES or High-RES just so that you know. I will do everything that I can to keep you alive, and have proven to be successful at that many, many times in the past with new wingmen, but.... your survival is ultimately your responsibility.

The idea here is to expose guys and gals to a combat wing that haven't had that opportunity yet. Also, if you've winged once or twice, that's cool too. Come on down for some pew pew! :twisted:

If our game times sync up and you want to give wings a go, send me an in-game chat message when you're on, or better yet.... buzz me on TeamSpeak. On Saturday and Sunday I expect to be in-game during these hours (subject to RL discruptions, of course!): 9:00AM-1:00PM and 8:00PM-11:00PM on your in-game clock. Of course it's not like a regimented work schedule (I get enough of that during the week), but you can expect that I'll be logging in and out around those times.

I will be BH in the general Azrael area (give or take 60 ly). (Terminology used specifically to make Commander Tifu smile) ;)

If this sounds interesting to you and you aren't on the in-game friends list, send me a friend request at your earliest convenience.

I ask that you do a few things before we wing up.

#1 setup your wingman hotkeys in control bindings. Mine looks like this:

Pick any 5 keys that work for you. Having those bindings setup is VERY helpful to the success of the wing. Attacking the same target at the same time (most of the time) is how we'll split the bounties. I will be using a KWS on ship Vulture size and larger. When in a wing, we split the increased bounties of the KWS as long as one wing member scans the NPC, so don't feel that you need one if you don't already have a KWS on board.

#2 Have TeamSpeak running. (link to our TS info) Even if you don't have a mic, TS is very helpful in a wing, so that I can guide you through wing setup and combat situation changes. I can talk a lot faster than I can type and it's much safer to not text and fly. ;) I will probably create a TS channel, and it will be at the bottom of the list of channels, aptly named "JL".

I know that some of our newer members are not able to join the Mobius private group right now due to an issue at FD. I have a private group setup, and am more than happy to utilize it this weekend to wing up with some of our new members that aren 't able to access our Mobius group in-game yet.

I am looking forward to winging up with some new faces over the next couple of days! :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

FCB1891
Competent
Competent
CMDR: HeliosFCB
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Combat Wingman 'at the ready' this weekend!

Postby FCB1891 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Just had a blast in our Haz RES session. Nice to wing up and pew pew some bad guys together. Definitely something worth doing again.

See you later buddy :)

Ps. look into that rock camouflage I was talking about ;)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:35 am

Absolutely, having those buttons and knowing how to use them makes wing flight at least with multiple members much easier, I have this as well as many other functions setup both on my HOTAS and with voice attack.

Honestly voice attack is fairly brilliant, yes it for some reason can't understand me ever when I see "Engine boost" but that's about it, then again I have that one on my throttle anyways.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Kallegan
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kallegan

Postby Kallegan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:23 am

CMDR,
I wanted to make those times. But, unfortunately, this weekend I cannot. However, in retrospect, I will send you a friend request in game for future events. If that is confirmed by yourself, that would be a pleasure.

Kind Regards!

o7

Fly Safe and ever vigilant!

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 am

Are you giving those times in GMT?

I may think about popping in, though I really don't have any ship setup for bounty hunting... I'd think about taking the Cutter, but I'd worry about smacking into asteroids. :D I have my anaconda rigged for mining at the moment too... If I see you on, I may ask what's up before I go snag my python. Of course, I did make enough money today alone to cover insurance on the cutter....

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:21 am

Kallegan wrote:CMDR,
I wanted to make those times. But, unfortunately, this weekend I cannot. However, in retrospect, I will send you a friend request in game for future events. If that is confirmed by yourself, that would be a pleasure.

We will absolutely kill some NPC's another time, Kallegan. :evil:

Schmobius wrote:Are you giving those times in GMT?

Yes sir, the game clock runs on GMT. :)

I have not flown an A rated Cutter, but I know that my D rated trade Cutter takes a day and a half to turn and I'd smack into a rock for sure in the RES with it. On the other hand, a combat Python is a thing of beauty. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Ok, we'll see if I'm able to be on during those times. Also, I know you speak from wisdom about a Python being better for RES, but.... the Cutter has so many guns....

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:36 am

Had some great wings on Saturday!

Great merit session in a Crime sweep with Charlie2Alpha and Georio in the morning.

Solid Haz-RES action with HeliosFCB and Schmobius in the afternoon.

Lots of laughs, kills, and good times guys!! :D :lol: 8-)

Had a nice chat with Kallegan and expect to wing up with him soon. ;)

I'll be around today, mostly geared toward BH in RES if anyone wants to wing up.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

FCB1891
Competent
Competent
CMDR: HeliosFCB

Postby FCB1891 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:19 am

JohnLuke wrote:Had some great wings on Saturday!

Great merit session in a Crime sweep with Charlie2Alpha and Georio in the morning.

Solid Haz-RES action with HeliosFCB and Schmobius in the afternoon.

Lots of laughs, kills, and good times guys!! :D :lol: 8-)

Had a nice chat with Kallegan and expect to wing up with him soon. ;)

I'll be around today, mostly geared toward BH in RES if anyone wants to wing up.

Heads up! Wanted Gunship! Oh wait... :D

Great times

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 am

FCB1891 wrote:[
Heads up! Wanted Gunship! Oh wait... :D

Great times

I know, right! :D

I can't tell you how many times I was ready to target Schmobius' Dropship and get those 400 credits! :lol: :lol: :lol:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Meeting Point”