Page 1 of 1

CMDR ExtraCheesePls

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:33 pm
by ExtraCheesePls
Greeting fellow Commanders!

I am a (IRL) mid-40's IT bod who started his Elite adventures in 1984 on a Beeb. Bet there aren't many of us here with that back story! :)

Initially I was a Kickstarter backer on the PC, CMDR name Tig0r. I guess I still am! Haven't played on the PC for a long while now tho. I seem to recall the reason I stopped playing was that I was fed up with the griefers, so hopefully that explains why I wanted to join a PvE group!

If you need more than that, well... I've been playing on the PS4 since it was released and I haven't yet tried it outside of solo mode!

I've been busy tho. I'm rated Competent/Elite/Pathfinder/Helpless, with a Federation rank of Chief Petty Office. Unranked at present with the Empire but when I bother to go and find some ranking missions I should have enough to progress three or four ranks before I have to start on the grind. Assets are just under 1 billion. Ships include the ones I liked along the way - Viper, Cobra, Vulture, Dolphin, Python and I just luuuurve my DBX! I've also got a fully loaded Anaconda but I'm hating it, and I've just picked up an FDL but I'm hating that so far as well! I guess I like my little ships! :)

I've just started playing around with Engineers (got three unlocked now) but haven't yet gone resource gathering, synthesising, etc. I've not done anything with PowerPlay yet either.

Anyway what pulled me back to the game about the time of the XBox release was the thought of the Thargoids returning. I've seen a few Thargoids but not yet got into a fights with them. The idea of wandering around the Milky Way exploring and finding things is what appeals to me most!

All things told... I think I've gone as far as I can go by myself so I'm looking to join a group and start collaberating. I'm a total PS4 newbie (when the friend request is answered... assuming you want me!!! Mobius will be my first PS4 friend!) Whilst I have no experience of anything other than solo gaming on the PS4... I'm pretty much up for anything. Point me in the right direction and off I will go! :)

Lastly I should just point out that I'm a total workaholic so I'm not around much in the week, but on the other side of the coin I'm around pretty much all of every weekend.

Look forward to conversing with you Commanders!

CMDR ExtraCheesePls.

Re: CMDR ExtraCheesePls

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:41 pm
by Xebeth
Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander ExtraCheesePls

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.

Re: CMDR ExtraCheesePls

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 pm
by ExtraCheesePls
Thanks Xebeth.

I should probably also mention I am from the UK (but I am a Remainer not a Brexiteer - I love you Europe!) and I also go by the name TheEternalNoctural (for Discord, etc).

I guess I'm off to Azrael to rank up for starters! :)

Re: CMDR ExtraCheesePls

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:21 pm
by DarkMere
Hello and welcome to the group Commander ExtraCheesePls from a fellow remainer

Re: CMDR ExtraCheesePls

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 pm
by GreenViper
Welcome CMDR ExtraCheesePls
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !

Re: CMDR ExtraCheesePls

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 pm
by ExtraCheesePls
Thanks for the welcomes. I will indeed C U in the black! :)