Page 1 of 1

Cmdr Don Cube

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:50 am
by Don Cube
Hello Commanders! Cmdr Don Cube here.

I found out about Mobius on Reddit, and since I like my games relax (and Elite is a game that can be enjoyed in a relax way), I decided to join this PvE group. Not that I completely disapprove PvP even when unbalanced, but I think that it should have a reason, it should be beneficial somehow, be it money or power or strategic or anything. That does not entirely seem to be the case in Elite. So, here I am.

In game I mostly like exploring, but I'm still new. I haven't tasted all aspects of the game yet.

My character (if any roleplaying is also part of this PvE group) is mostly just an opportunist who is into exploring for the money and the possible "fame" that may accompany it, so not really a scientist or in it for the greater good. He's currently out exploring, but keeps thinking about the money (the number of systems he visited and how much it will pay) and the fame ("I need to find ELW's. I'll be remembered for finding extraordinary places... I NEED TO FIND ELW's. Next jump... " repeat). Not entirely completely in a bad way, but "me is more important than we".
Just to keep it interesting for myself :-)

Thanks for accepting me in the group, and see you out there!

Regards,
Don Cube

Re: Cmdr Don Cube

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:23 am
by JohnLuke
Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Don Cube.

What's your favorite exploration ship so far?

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Re: Cmdr Don Cube

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:38 am
by Don Cube
My favourite exploration ship is still the Sidewinder, because of no money yet to buy bigger ;-)
I've got a Diamondback Explorer already sitting in the dock, but didn't have enough to pay for the fittings yet. So, now I'm 1000 LY from home, earning money to get my exploration ship. But that's not bad, I like that ship too and it's getting the job done.

I'll be flying home again this weekend and cash in. The fame... I found waterworlds, but nothing with continents yet ;-)

Re: Cmdr Don Cube

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:52 pm
by GreenViper
Welcome to Mobius CMDR Don Cube
Hope to meet you in the Black one day !

Re: Cmdr Don Cube

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:53 pm
by Quinnlyn
Welcome, welcome!