What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:44 am

As I've just finished my year-long journey to play The Witcher through The Witcher 3 to completionist levels, I'm now installing my HOTAS onto my desk again.. I need to get out in space and away from the sadness of knowing there will likely not be another Witcher level RPG out in this or the next Decade.

So, what's new and interesting in the goings on of the bubble? I'm a bit out of it (6-8 weeks out of the loop).

My what are you doing in-game is "remembering how to reset my controls to HOTAS modified the proper way.
Image

Xious
Novice
Novice
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 am
CMDR: Xious
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Xious » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:49 am

Fed Corvette.... almost there... grindy grind grind.

Anyone else in Mobius PVE hanging out at Sothis? Send me a friend request. I'll be in my Sidey. I parked the Asp since it was all D rated and nowhere to upgrade... Bought the Sidey and D rated all but the FSD. Much nicer to fly missions back and forth.

Right about now would be a great time to have the "Ship Transfer" update.

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Got in game and went buggy hopping at Martuk's base. 130FPS really does help counteract any motion sickness issues.

Now to figure out what to do with my remaining 3 Modular Terminals as I try and figure out my next moves.. I really wish we had storage off-ship.

Eff that, Guardians beta is out! Yeeeeeeah! Downloading that now!
Image

User avatar
Falcon_D
Master
Master
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:30 am
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 am

Hello,
Doing Sothis/Ceos runs cause I suddenly decided that I want more credits. Maybe cause the Beluga is inbound. Hmm...

Oh and also reading the main forums and getting aggravated. Initially I thought this SLF thing was cool. I might not use it but what the hell. 1 SLF at a time cool. 2 SLFs ok, not very balanced IMO. But now it seems that posters in the other forum want to launch fleets of this thing and have "mega space warz". It's like FD gave some EvE kiddies a wet dream with the SLF and now they want FD to provide a climax by giving more.

Have fun, fly safe. o7
Image

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:17 am

Falcon_D wrote:Hello,
Doing Sothis/Ceos runs cause I suddenly decided that I want more credits. Maybe cause the Beluga is inbound. Hmm...

Oh and also reading the main forums and getting aggravated. Initially I thought this SLF thing was cool. I might not use it but what the hell. 1 SLF at a time cool. 2 SLFs ok, not very balanced IMO. But now it seems that posters in the other forum want to launch fleets of this thing and have "mega space warz". It's like FD gave some EvE kiddies a wet dream with the SLF and now they want FD to provide a climax by giving more.

Have fun, fly safe. o7


I'm actually totally for SLF carriers.

BUT

E:D to date is not about ships large enough to BE a carrier. E:D is focused on ships under the size of a Corvette. Not THE Corvette, which is a bloated fighter/bomber, but a Corvette Class Escort. I'd love to see new capital carriers to combat the dreadnaughts. But player based SLF Carriers.. would be fun, but not the least bit in-lore as lore stands for Elite.

My main thought is no, because it won't work right now, but I'd love to see large ships eventually introduced into Elite.


Now, back to bounty hunting in my T9 with my awesome SLF. Me and my crewmate have been interdicting everything we can with a wanted status in Shinrarta. Interdicting with a T9 is not a task for the faint hearted.. But drop in, deploy immediatley, and launch the fighter before the other ship knows what happens, allows me plenty of time to get in position with my Type 9, with a ship launched fighter out, and hit hard with the opening salvo of canons, rails, pulses, etc.
Image

User avatar
Falcon_D
Master
Master
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:30 am
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:41 am

Actually I believe the current capitals ships are already carriers that launch the small fighters. If I'm not mistaken they do have fighter bay openings.

BTW, anyone faced an NPC Anaconda with a SLF yet?
Image

Xious
Novice
Novice
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 am
CMDR: Xious
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Xious » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Finally ranked up to Rear Admiral... heading to Jameson to purchase the Federal Corvette.

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Taking the cutter back to the nav beacon. Remember Beta Users, strip and sell your pre-beta ships, then rebuy at the vastly cheaper cost. Good way to get some cash and lets your insurance rebuy drastically reduce.
Image

User avatar
blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:31 am
CMDR: blazing
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Doing what is probably my last Sothis/Ceos run. Waiting on the missions to refresh once more. Current total so far is 70,442,987 and I still have 124 tons of cargo space available. It pays to be choosy on which missions you take on :)

I guess you can never have too much money :)
Image

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:02 pm

The 2.2 Beta SLFs are showing how much I need to work on accuracy. Overflying/overshooting enemies with my Imperial Fighter is not great. Need to get used to fixed weapons and great speed. This fighter plus a fully loaded Fed Gunship is a sick combo.
Image


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 198 guests

i