What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
User avatar
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
Posts: 5172
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:24 am
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Xious wrote:Finally ranked up to Rear Admiral... heading to Jameson to purchase the Federal Corvette.


Congrats on the promotion! :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Image

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:18 am

I fought gravity for about 10 minutes... see, I went to supercharge my friendship drive at the local white dwarf in V886 Centauri. Then I flew just a bit too close, since nothing was happening. I later realize after successfully leaving the gravity trap ( I thought I was dead for sure.. just that awesome I guess.) that my fuel scoop was disabled.. derp.

Now, back to flying to LHS 3447 after I land on this planet and repair.
Image

User avatar
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Loriath » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:16 am

Darr Valen wrote:The 2.2 Beta SLFs are showing how much I need to work on accuracy. Overflying/overshooting enemies with my Imperial Fighter is not great. Need to get used to fixed weapons and great speed. This fighter plus a fully loaded Fed Gunship is a sick combo.


Its gonna get worst. Dev posts on the Main Forums have indicated that they are going to put the boost speeds on the fighters WAY up by 150 m/s on the next beta. Also, they will be adjusting the DPS up by 12.5%. Better practice now.

Head to a Nav beacon and take on Small ships :P

Since Wings work now, we are moving on to check other mechanics and features that we use. This weekend may be interesting.
Image
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:05 am

Loriath wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:The 2.2 Beta SLFs are showing how much I need to work on accuracy. Overflying/overshooting enemies with my Imperial Fighter is not great. Need to get used to fixed weapons and great speed. This fighter plus a fully loaded Fed Gunship is a sick combo.


Its gonna get worst. Dev posts on the Main Forums have indicated that they are going to put the boost speeds on the fighters WAY up by 150 m/s on the next beta. Also, they will be adjusting the DPS up by 12.5%. Better practice now.

Head to a Nav beacon and take on Small ships :P

Since Wings work now, we are moving on to check other mechanics and features that we use. This weekend may be interesting.


I've been at the Shinrarta Beacon since 23:00 or so Eastern time. It's quite good practice, albeit a bit slow on the spawn rate, considering how safe it is. Faster makes sense. They're still in the realm of "fast ship" speeds, and they really should just be faster than that considering the power/mass ratio. This presents a problem though.

I really hate that this is a beta, since I'll have to do this all over again, but my rebuy won't be a measly 15 million or so.. and the beta has made such new features part of the norm, I don't think I can go back to 2.1. I am with 2.2 until it releases, I guess. I just can't imagine going sans-SLF anymore. Just works so well for the solo-focused trader or explorer. Pretty sure I'll be sacrificing cargo space if I go do more trading in the future, to have at least a single ship bay.

TL;DR Elite gets a bit better every few months, and that's great. I wonder if 3.xx is going to be pre-sold this fall. Although, 2.x doesn't feel like a 12 month season of releases. More like 18-20 or so.

Anywho, back to the nav beacon in Shinrarta if anyone is feeling like grouping for combat. Might let my AI do the flying now. Also think the plasmas are a waste of my class 4 spots.
Image

User avatar
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 2896
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Loriath » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:08 am

Darr Valen wrote:Anywho, back to the nav beacon in Shinrarta if anyone is feeling like grouping for combat. Might let my AI do the flying now. Also think the plasmas are a waste of my class 4 spots.



NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!


I have said this a MILLION TIMES!

NEVER POOP WHERE YOU EAT!!!!
(You can search for this exact phrase to see how many times I have said it)


There are systems one jump away that have Nav Beacons, some are even Comprimised. NEVER EVER EVER HUNT in your home based system unless you are interdicted. It is too easy to accidentally end up getting wanted and evicted in your home area and have to do the Suicidewinder Dance just to get back to your ships.

DO NOT get into this habit, even in Beta where things are Cheap and easy. Bad Habits are BAD. Don't start doing it here, it will train your brain and drain your Bank if you don't stop this now!

2.2 will be live sooner than you realize and you will be prepared. But Don't do this!
Image
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

User avatar
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:37 am

Loriath wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Anywho, back to the nav beacon in Shinrarta if anyone is feeling like grouping for combat. Might let my AI do the flying now. Also think the plasmas are a waste of my class 4 spots.



NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!


I have said this a MILLION TIMES!

NEVER POOP WHERE YOU EAT!!!!
(You can search for this exact phrase to see how many times I have said it)


There are systems one jump away that have Nav Beacons, some are even Comprimised. NEVER EVER EVER HUNT in your home based system unless you are interdicted. It is too easy to accidentally end up getting wanted and evicted in your home area and have to do the Suicidewinder Dance just to get back to your ships.

DO NOT get into this habit, even in Beta where things are Cheap and easy. Bad Habits are BAD. Don't start doing it here, it will train your brain and drain your Bank if you don't stop this now!

2.2 will be live sooner than you realize and you will be prepared. But Don't do this!


Makes sense. I'll head out a jump or two away. I was at another nav beacon before, but it was lawless space, and I had no idea who to attack.

As to my status. Loving the GU-97. Been flying it now and it just rings everything I come against. Destroyed a freakin' conda with this. Sure, it wasn't an elite conda, but still. My AI Corvette and the GU97 really make an effective team. Imagine a wolfpack of 6 ships effectively in combat after wings get going.

About the only ships that gave me a run for my maneuverability were a Clipper, FDL (not really), and a Federal Dropship. 1 and 3 were really freakin' fast movers.

Now, does anyone know AHOW THE FRAK TO RESUPPLY MY FIGHTERS?!!?! I haven't had any heat cores for hours now.. and they won't resupply at a station.. A beam GU is not a cool ship.. Well, it runs hot, A LOT.
Image

User avatar
*Al*
Master
Master
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby *Al* » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:30 am

and......28.
If I never see another Modular Terminal in my life it will be too soon!

Now to grade up to three with Qwent and then get rid of those Fragments in the hold.

Xious
Novice
Novice
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 am
CMDR: Xious
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Xious » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:42 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Xious wrote:Finally ranked up to Rear Admiral... heading to Jameson to purchase the Federal Corvette.


Congrats on the promotion! :D


Thx bud.

The Vette is much more nimble than I was expecting.

I finally bought Horizons last night and took a trip out to Trophy Camp and did my first planetary landing. Very cool.

User avatar
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
Posts: 5172
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:24 am
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Xious wrote:
Thx bud.

The Vette is much more nimble than I was expecting.

I finally bought Horizons last night and took a trip out to Trophy Camp and did my first planetary landing. Very cool.


Yup, she's pretty agile for her size. :)

If you ever want to wing and kill some pirates, hit me up.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Image

User avatar
Pembroke
Expert
Expert
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 3:06 am
CMDR: Pembroke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Pembroke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:29 pm

After a long time searching, I FINALLY found an earth like planet with rings...
https://i.gyazo.com/2c75915c8cc8eda1acc ... f06649.png
Small victories. right?
Image
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 231 guests

i